Chorizo & Queso Fresco Tacos Dorados
WHAT YOU NEED
- 2 (9-oz) packages Cacique® Pork Chorizo
- 1 (10-oz) package Cacique® Ranchero Queso Fresco, crumbled
- 12 small tortillas, preferably corn
- Neutral oil for frying
- 14 corn tortillas
- 1 cup Cacique® Crema Mexicana
- 1 cup of shredded white cabbage
- 2 Tbsp of your favorite hot sauce or minced chipotle in adobo
- 1 lime
HOW TO MAKE IT
- Add the Cacique® Pork Chorizo to a large nonstick skillet or well-seasoned cast iron pan. Cook over medium-low heat, using your spoon to break it up; stir regularly until it is completely warmed through and deep brown (scrape the crispy bits from the bottom of the pan).
- Transfer the chorizo to a mixing bowl and stir in 1 cup of crumbled Cacique® Ranchero Queso Fresco. Set aside.
- To toast the tortillas, set them directly over a gas stove’s burners and turn the flame on medium-low. Cook until lightly blistered and charred in places, 30 seconds to 1 minute per side (use tongs to flip them). As they finish cooking, stack and wrap them in a clean, dry dishtowel so they stay pliable.
- Divide the chorizo filling evenly between the tortillas and fold in half to close. Generously coat the bottom of your skillet with oil and heat over medium-high until it’s shimmering. Working in batches so the pan isn’t overcrowded, fry the tacos for 1 to 2 minutes per side, until the tortilla is crisp and golden. Place on a paper towel to drain.
- To serve, combine the Cacique® Crema Mexicana with the hot sauce or minced chipotle. Drizzle this over the tacos and top with shredded cabbage and the remaining Cacique® Ranchero Queso Fresco. Serve with wedges of lime.