Chorizo Scalloped Potatoes
WHAT YOU NEED
Four Quesos Blend Shredded Cheese
- 2 ½ lb. Yukon potatoes, washed
- 1 10-ounce Cacique Beef, Pork, or Soy Chorizo
- 3 tablespoon butter
- 3 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups Cacique Crema Mexicana
- 2 cups Cacique Four Quesos Blend
- Additional ¼ cup Cacique Four Quesos Blend
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Fresh parsley for garnish
HOW TO MAKE IT
- Preheat oven to 400˚F. Grease an oven safe dish and set aside. Slice potatoes in 1/8” thin slices using a mandolin slicer and set aside.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, cook the Cacique® Chorizo for 7 minutes or until desired crunchiness. Set aside. In a large skillet over medium heat butter. When butter is melted, add garlic and sauté for 1 minute, until fragrant. Add flour, whisk, and cook for 1 minute. Slowly add Cacique Crema Mexicana, whisking continuously, until no lumps remain and the mixture is thick and coats the back of a spoon. Turn off heat, add 2 cups of Cacique® Four Quesos Blend, cooked Cacique® Chorizo, and season with salt and pepper to taste. Stir until smooth.
- Layer half the potatoes and onion slices in greased dish, pour approximately half of the chorizo-cheese sauce over potatoes. Repeat with remaining potatoes and cheese sauce. Sprinkle top of potatoes with the rest of the Cacique® Four Quesos Blend. Cover the dish with aluminum foil. Bake for 60 minutes. Remove foil and bake uncovered an additional 20-25 minutes for extra browning and crispiness. Sprinkle top with chopped parsley.