Chorizo Sloppy Joes
WHAT YOU NEED
- 1 Cacique® Beef Chorizo
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1/2 yellow onion chopped
- 1/2 green bell pepper chopped
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 2 teaspoons yellow mustard
- 3/4 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Cacique® Queso Blanco Dip, for topping
- 6 brioche hamburger buns, toasted
HOW TO MAKE IT
- Add the ground beef and chorizo to a large cast iron skillet. Break the meats apart with a wooden spoon. Stir around to combine the two flavors until browned about 10 minutes.
- Remove the meat from the pan and set aside. In the same pan, add the butter, onions and bell peppers.
- Let brown for 1-2 minutes before stirring, then let brown for another 1-2 minutes before stirring again.
- Add the meat mixture back into the pan. Add the garlic, mustard, ketchup, brown sugar, salt, black pepper, to the pan and cook until most of the liquid has evaporated about 3-5 minutes then turn off the heat.
- Heat the Queso Blanco Dip according to packaging instructions. Serve meat on the toasted brioche buns and top with a healthy portion of queso dip.