Chorizo Stuffed Cabbage Rolls
WHAT YOU NEED
- 6 oz. Cacique® Beef chorizo or Cacique® Pork chorizo
- 1 lb. ground beef or pork
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 cup rice, uncooked
- 2 eggs, well beaten
- 1 head green cabbage
- 23 tablespoons flour
- A pinch of paprika (optional)
- ½ cup Irish beer or stout
- Chicken broth or water
HOW TO MAKE IT
- Sauté ground meat, chorizo and onions together until completely cooked (10-15 minutes). Salt and pepper to taste. Add rice to mixture. Mix well and set aside to cool.
- When cooled, add 2 eggs and mix (egg acts as a binding ingredient). Set aside for stuffing cabbage rolls.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Remove core from cabbage. Par boil whole cabbage in hot water for about 57 minutes. Drain, then remove main vein from each leaf, leaving the soft part.
- Roll 1-2 tablepoons meat and egg mixture in each leaf. Roll and layer in roasting pan. Sprinkle flour over rolls, and add paprika if desired.
- Combine ½ cup beer with enough chicken broth to cover the rolls and pour over. Cover and roast for about 1 hour. Remove and serve on bed of Crema Mashed Potatoes. Accompany with Irish Soda bread.