Chorizo & Sweet Potato Breakfast Tacos
WHAT YOU NEED
Crema Mexicana Agria
Hot Homestyle Salsa
Ranchero® Queso Fresco
- 2 sweet potatoes (8-10 oz each)
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp kosher salt, divided
- ½ tsp chili powder or paprika
- 1 avocado
- 4 tsp lime juice
- ¾ cup Cacique Crema Mexicana
- 12 small flour or corn tortillas
- 6 eggs
- 9-oz package Cacique Chorizo (Pork, Beef or Soy)
- Ground black pepper to taste
- 1 cup Cacique Ranchero Queso Fresco, crumbled
- Cacique Homestyle Salsa (Mild, Medium or Hot), for garnish
- Fresh cilantro, for garnish (optional)
HOW TO MAKE IT
- Preheat the oven to 375 F.
- Peel the sweet potatoes and cut into small dice (¼ to ⅓-inch). Toss with the oil, ½ tsp salt, and chili powder or paprika. Spread in an even layer on a baking sheet and roast for 15 to 20 minutes, stirring halfway through, until tender.
- While the sweet potatoes cook, make the Cacique Crema Mexicana mixture. Add the avocado, lime juice, and remaining ½ tsp salt to a bowl and use a fork to mash until smooth. Pour in the Cacique Crema Mexicana and stir to incorporate. Set aside.
- Toast the tortillas, one at a time, by setting them directly over a burner on low heat just until pliable and slightly blistered, 15 to 20 seconds per side. Wrap in a clean dishtowel to keep warm.
- Crack the eggs into a bowl and whisk with your fork. Set aside.
- In a nonstick or well-seasoned cast iron pan, add the Cacique Chorizo, using a spatula or wooden spoon to break it up into a single layer. Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until it’s browned and a bit crispy, about 5 minutes.
- Decrease the heat to medium-low and add the eggs directly to the pan with the Cacique Chorizo; stir occasionally to allow the eggs to cook evenly and remove from heat when they’re cooked through. Season with black pepper.
- To assemble the tacos, spread a spoonful of avocado-lime crema over the tortillas. Fill with roasted sweet potatoes and the chorizo-egg mixture, taking care not to overstuff. Garnish with a heaping spoonful of crumbled Cacique Ranchero Queso Fresco, as well as Cacique Homestyle Salsa and fresh cilantro (if using).
- Serve right away or, if you’re making ahead, wrap in foil and refrigerate until ready to heat. Tacos can be gently re-warmed in a skillet or the microwave.