Chorizo with Fried Eggs
WHAT YOU NEED
- 1 Package (10 Oz.) of Cacique® Chorizo Beef, Pork or Soy
- ½ package (5 Oz.) Cacique® Queso Fresco, crumbled
- 8 large eggs
- 4 corn tortillas
- 1/2 cup of olive oil
- 2 Tbsp. green onions, chopped
- 2 cups of Pico de Gallo (or store bought)
- PICO DE GALLO
- 3 ripe Roma tomatoes, seeded and cubed small
- 1/4 white onion, small dice
- 1 fresh jalapeño, seeded and finely chopped
- 1/3 cup fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- 1 Tbsp lime juice
- Salt and pepper to taste
HOW TO MAKE IT
- Cook the Cacique® Chorizo on a skillet according to package instructions, set aside.
- On a non-stick skillet, heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil at medium heat, fry the corn tortilla about one minute each side, remove from pan with a spatula and set on a wide dish.
- Add 1 tablespoon of olive oil, crack two eggs and open gently over the skillet, let cook for about 2 minutes. Eggs are done when whites are set and the edges start to toast.
- With a spatula, remove from skillet and place the eggs on top of fried tortilla. Add two tablespoons of the cooked chorizo, sprinkle some Cacique® Queso Fresco and green onions on top of chorizo, serve with Pico de Gallo on the side. Enjoy while hot!
- Pico de Gallo: In a medium bowl, mix the seeded and cubed Roma tomatoes, diced onion, chopped jalapeño, chopped cilantro, lime juice, salt and pepper to taste, mix all the ingredients and refrigerate for 10 minutes.