Cotija Chicken Sandwich
WHAT YOU NEED
Queso Cotija Grated Cheese
- 4 slices Cacique® Queso Quesadilla Jalapeño
- ½ cup Cacique® Crema Salvadorena
- ¼ cup Cacique® Cotija, shredded
- 4 torta breads
- ½ cup guacamole
- 1 large tomato, sliced
- 1 medium onion, sliced into rings
- 2 chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons Mexican seasoning
- 1 tablespoon chipotle chilies in adobo
HOW TO MAKE IT
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Rinse chicken and place on a plate. Mix grated Cotija cheese with Mexican seasoning in a bag. Place chicken in bag and shake until chicken breasts are completely coated with Cotija and seasoning mixture. Bake for 35 - 40 minutes. Let cool and slice diagonally.
- Mix Crema with canned chipotles in adobo. Spread Crema on both bread halves.
- To Assemble: On bottom half of bread, spread guacamole, tomato slices and onion. Next add chicken slices. Top with slices of Queso Quesadilla Jalapeño. Cover with top half of bread and place in a 375ºF oven for 10 minutes or grill on panini grill. These sandwiches can be wrapped in aluminum foil for a picnic or BBQ. Simply reheat by placing foil wrapped sandwiches right on grill.