WHAT YOU NEED
- 3 cups Cacique® Cotija, crumbled
- 3 sheets puff pastry, slightly rolled out and lightly floured
- ½ cup unsalted butter, melted
- 2 egg yolks
- ¾ cup green onions, finely chopped
HOW TO MAKE IT
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Whisk egg yolks and butter together in a small dish and brush lightly over surface of pastry dough.
- Sprinkle each sheet with cheese and onions, cover with plastic wrap and roll with pin gently to press into dough.
- Cut each sheet into ½ strips lengthwise and twist each strip 4-5 times.
- Lay strips on non-stick baking sheets and bake until puffed and golden brown (10-12 minutes). This is a great accompaniment to your favorite soups.