Creamy Pumpkin Pasta with Chorizo
WHAT YOU NEED
Queso Cotija Grated Cheese
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound spaghetti, cooked to al dente
- 1 package Cacique® Chorizo
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1/2 cup Cacique® Crema Mexicana
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 cup Cacique® Queso Cotija Grated Cheese
- 3 cups spinach, julienned
- Salt and black pepper
HOW TO MAKE IT
- Bring a large pot of cold water with salt to a boil over high heat. Add the spaghetti and cook, stirring occasionally until al dente, tender but not mushy, about 8 minutes. Drain and toss in 1 tablespoon of olive oil, set aside until sauce is ready.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium high heat. Add one tablespoon of olive oil to the pan, add chorizo and with wooden spoon crumble and cook until fully cooked, about 4 minutes. Remove chorizo with slotted spoon and drain on a plate lined with a paper towel.
- Drain all but 1 tablespoon of fat from pan, add garlic and onion and sauté until translucent and tender, about 3 minutes. Add ground cumin, oregano, chicken broth and pumpkin to pan. Stir sauce until it heat through, return chorizo to pan, reduce heat, and stir in Crema Mexicana. Season the sauce with the nutmeg, salt and pepper, to taste. Simmer mixture a few minutes.
- Add drained pasta and toss to coat. Stir in spinach and Queso Cotija. Serve warm and enjoy!