Crispy Crab Flautas
WHAT YOU NEED
- For the Escabeche Corn:
- 1 1/3 cups apple cider vinegar
- 2/3 cup sugar
- Salt to taste
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 ears of corn
- For the flautas:
- 6 5-inch corn tortillas
- 4 ounces fresh crab meat
- 3 Tablespoons diced white onion
- 1 teaspoon chopped garlic
- ¼ cup unsalted butter
- 6 Tablespoons Cacique Cilantro Lime Sour Cream (add fresh cilantro to add color)
- 1 Tablespoon diced red onion
- 1.5 Tablespoons escabeche corn (mix the corn with white vinegar)
- 1 Tablespoon Cacique Cotija Cheese
- ¼ Cup frisee lettuce
- 1 Tablespoon radish, sliced
- 1 teaspoon micro cilantro
HOW TO MAKE IT
- For the Escabeche Corn: Add all the Escabeche Corn ingredients into a hot pan and heat for 10 minutes.
- For the Flautas: Turn the stove to low heat and add the unsalted butter into the warm pan. Add the diced white onion and let it cook until golden brown. Incorporate the chopped garlic and cook until golden brown. Next, add the crab meat into the mixture and cook for 5 minutes. Add salt to taste, remove from the heat and let it cool down.
- In a large pot, add enough canola oil enough to cover the bottom of the pan and heat. Carefully, place the tortillas in the warm oil and cook for 1 minute. Remove tacos from pan with a wide slotted spoon and spread on a paper towel to absorb excess oil.
- In an open the tortilla, add 2 Tablespoons crab meat mixture. Then roll the tortilla into a tight roll. Do the same with all the tortillas. Pierce each roll with a wood craft stick or toothpick, and place in the hot oil you used before. Fry until golden brown, about 3 to 5 minutes, then remove from the oil.
- Drizzle the crab tacos with Cacique Cilantro Lime Sour Cream. On top, add the escabeche corn, diced red onion and Cacique Cotija Cheese. Garnish with the frisee lettuce, sliced radishes and micro cilantro.