Croissant Cotija Sandwich
WHAT YOU NEED
- 1 croissant bread, sliced in half
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Cacique® Queso Cotija shredded cheese
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 1 egg
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh parsley, finely diced
- 1/8 teaspoon fresh cracked pepper
- fresh berries or fruit side of your choice
HOW TO MAKE IT
- Preheat oven or toaster oven 325° F.
- Carefully sprinkle Cotija on sliced sides of croissant bread. Place on a baking tray and bake for 7 minutes or until Cotija has slightly softened and is beginning to brown.
- On a small skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Crack egg on hot oil and fry for 2 minutes. Turn egg over and fry for 1 minute more.
- Remove bread slices from the oven and place on a serving plate. Place egg over bottom side of crusted Cotija croissant bread. Sprinkle egg with parsley, black pepper and top with the other slice of bread.
- Serve with a side of berries or you favorite fruit.