Double Bean Quesadillas
WHAT YOU NEED
- 15 ounces canned black beans, rinsed and drained
- 15 ounces canned pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 4 ounces canned mild diced green chiles
- 10 ounces Cacique® Manchego Cheese, shredded
- Olive oil
- 5 8-inch flour tortillas
- Pico de gallo
- Cacique® Cilantro Lime Sour Cream
HOW TO MAKE IT
- In a large bowl, combine black beans, pinto beans, and diced green chiles.
- Preheat a large griddle or pan on medium heat. Add a small drizzle of olive oil to the griddle. Place one tortilla on the griddle, swirling it around for a second to coat the bottom side in the oil.
- To one half of the tortilla, layer a scant 1/4 cup of the cheese, 3 tablespoons of the bean mixture, and another scant 1/4 cup of cheese. Fold over the top half of the tortilla and cook until the cheese is melted and the tortilla is brown and crispy, turning once, about 5 minutes. Repeat with the remaining ingredients, cooking in batches as necessary.
- Let rest 2 minutes before cutting into wedges and serving with pico de gallo and cilantro lime sour cream.