Easy Grilled Quesadillas with Guasacaca
WHAT YOU NEED
- 4 large (burrito) flour tortillas
- 1 Oaxaca Cacique Cheese, cut in small slices
- For the Guasacaca
- 2 Hass avocados
- 3 Tbs. white onion, finely chopped
- 2 Tbs. red bell pepper, finely chopped
- 3 Tbs. red wine vinegar
- 1 Tbs. olive oil
- For the Pico de Gallo
- 1 cup tomato, finely diced
- ½ cup white onion, finely chopped
- ½ cup cilantro leaves
- 2 tbs. jalapeño pepper, finely chopped
- 1 tbs. fresh lime juice
- ½ tbs. olive oil
HOW TO MAKE IT
- In a bowl combine the ingredients for the pico de gallo. Season with salt. Reserve.
- In another bowl, add the avocado, onion and red bell pepper and mash it with a fork. Add the vinegar, olive oil and salt, and combine. Reserve.
- Preheat a grill pan to medium heat. Place the tortillas in the grill pan and distribute some cheese in half. Fold it and cook for 3-4 until grill marks are formed. Flip to grill the quesadillas on both sides. Repeat with the rest of the tortillas. Once the quesadillas are done, let them cool down for at least 5 minutes, before cutting them. With a pizza slicer, cut the quesadillas in six wedges each. Serve with guasacaca and pico de gallo.