WHAT YOU NEED
- 3 corn husks
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- ¼ cup of Cacique Crema Mexicana
- 2 tablespoons of mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon of ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon of cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons of chopped cilantro
- Salt and pepper
- 1 cup of all purpose flour
- 1 cup of masa flour
- ¼ cup of cornmeal
- 2 tablespoons of baking powder
- 2 tablespoons of sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup of milk
- ½ teaspoon of salt
- 1 jalapeño pepper thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon of hot sauce
- 2 tablespoons of Cacique Ranchero Queso Fresco
HOW TO MAKE IT
- For the Elote Corn. Coat the corn husks with the olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Heat a cast iron grill or skillet to medium high heat and add the corn.
- Cook the corn on the cast iron for about 7 minutes turning it over every few minutes to fully cook it.
- Take the corn off the heat. Using a small and large bowl, place the small bowl in the large bowl and the corn on top. Cut the corn from the top to the bottom, making sure the falling corn lands inside the bowl.
- Add the cumin, cayenne, mayonnaise, cilantro, salt, pepper and crema to the bowl. Mix well and set aside.
- For the Waffles. Combine the flour, masa, cornmeal, sugar, salt and baking powder in a bowl. In a separate bowl, combine the eggs with the milk. Add the egg and milk mixture to the dry ingredients and mix well until a waffle batter consistency forms.
- Heat a waffle iron to medium high. Place about ½ cup of the mixture to the waffle iron and cook for about 3-5 minutes or until the waffles are golden brown and crispy.
- Place two waffles on a plate. Cover the top with the elote mixture. Sprinkle on some of the Ranchero Queso Fresco. Garnish with half the hot sauce, and half the sliced peppers.