Esquites- Mexican Street Corn Salad
WHAT YOU NEED
- 6 ears corn shucked
- ½ cup Cacique Crema Mexicana
- ½ cup Cacique Cotija Cheese, crumbled and divided
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro, chopped plus some for garnish
- 1 fresh jalapeno, seeded and finely diced
- ½ teaspoon ancho chile powder
- 1 lime, juiced
- Lime wedges for garnish
- salt and pepper, to taste
HOW TO MAKE IT
- Place ears of corn on a 400ºF grill for 15 minutes, flipping on all sides to get a nice char. Set aside to cool.
- Cut corn kernels from cob.
- In a medium bowl mix together the corn, lime juice and Crema Mexicana. Add ¼ cup of crumbled Cotija, cilantro, diced jalapeno, chile powder, and give it a quick toss to combine.
- Sprinkle with remaining Cotija cheese, garnish with more cilantro and add lime wedges to serve.