Fried Cheese Balls
WHAT YOU NEED
Chipotle Sour Cream
Cilantro Lime Sour Cream
Dos Quesos Blend Shredded Cheese
Four Quesos Blend Shredded Cheese
Queso Quesadilla Shredded Cheese
Spicy Jalapeño Sour Cream
- 2 cups Cacique® Shredded Cheese, any variety
- 1 Egg, or 2 egg whites
- 2 tablespoons Cornstarch, or all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup Cracker Crumbs, for dredging (optional)
- Vegetable Oil, for frying
- Cacique® Flavored Sour Creams, for dipping
HOW TO MAKE IT
- With an electric mixer or by hand, mix the cheese, egg and cornstarch (or flour) in a large bowl until a soft dough forms.
- Scoop 2 teaspoons of dough and roll into a ball. If desired, roll balls in cracker crumbs for an extra crispy coating. Refrigerate cheese balls until thoroughly chilled, about 30 minutes.
- In a medium frying pan, heat oil over high heat (350°F for deep frying). Fry cheese balls until golden brown, turning once, about 30-60 seconds per side.
- Drain on paper towels. Serve hot with your favorite sauce for dipping.