Fruit and Queso Fresco Mosaic Salad
WHAT YOU NEED
- 3 cups cubed watermelon
- 2-3 kiwi fruits, peeled and cubed
- 5 ounces Ranchero® Queso Fresco, cubed
- For the strawberry jalapeño Coulis topping:
- 1/4 cup raw sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup frozen strawberries (unsweetened)
- 1/2 a jalapeño chile, stem and seeds removed
HOW TO MAKE IT
- Bring sugar and water to a light boil over medium heat and stir to dissolve the sugar completely. Add the 1/2 cup frozen strawberries and cook for a few minutes to soften the strawberries but not so much so that they become mushy. Remove from heat and cool for a few minutes.
- Add sugar and strawberry mixture to the blender and blend until completely smooth. Transfer to an airtight container, tuck the halved jalapeño into the coulis until it’s completely submerged and cover. Refrigerate for at least an hour.
- Cube watermelon, kiwi and Ranchero® Queso Fresco. Arrange on a serving platter or individual dishes alternating watermelon, kiwi and cheese. Drizzle strawberry jalapeño coulis over the top of the mosaic with a spoon, small measuring cup or a plastic drizzler squeeze bottle.