Green Chicken Enchiladas
WHAT YOU NEED
- 1 package (12 oz.) Ranchero® Queso Fresco cheese
- ½ package (5 oz.) Cacique® Cotija, crumbled
- 3 chicken breasts, pan fried or grilled, and shredded
- 1 dozen corn tortillas
- 2 cups green enchilada sauce
- ½ cup cilantro, chopped
- 1-2 jalapeños or Serrano chilies, minced
HOW TO MAKE IT
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a mixing bowl, combine chicken, chilies, ½ package Queso Fresco, 2.5 oz. Cotija cheese and 4 tablespoons of enchilada sauce then set aside.
- In a medium-sized saucepan, bring the remaining enchilada sauce to a boil then lower heat. Dip each tortilla, one at a time, in the sauce until soft. (about 10 seconds) Carefully place each tortilla on a plate.
- Spoon chicken mixture and cheese mixture onto the tortilla. Roll and arrange enchiladas seam side down in pan. Repeat with each tortilla.
- Cover enchiladas with remaining sauce and bake for 15 - 20 minutes. Top with remaining cheeses and bake for 5-7 minutes or until cheese starts to brown. Garnish with cilantro and serve hot.
- This is a family favorite, a treasured recipe that has been passed down through the generations, straight from Maria's Cocina.