Green Chile Chicken Sopes
WHAT YOU NEED
- 1 T. olive oil
- 1 1/4 pounds boneless chicken thigh pieces (approximately 6 pieces)
- 1 14.5-ounce can diced or crushed tomatoes
- 1 7-ounce can chopped green chilies
- 6 Cacique® sopes
- 1 large Pasilla chile pepper, roasted, peeled, and sliced
- 1/2 wheel crumbled Cacique® Ranchero® Queso Fresco cheese
- 1/2 cup chile verde salsa
- 1 large bunch fresh cilantro
- 1/4 cup Cacique® Crema Mexicana
HOW TO MAKE IT
- In a large cast-iron pan, heat the oil over medium heat. Add the chicken thighs and cook until golden brown, about 4 minutes on each side. Add the crushed tomatoes and green chilies to the pan and bring the mixture to a simmer. Cover and continue simmering on low heat for about 30 minutes, or until chicken is thoroughly cooked through and is fork-tender.
- Meanwhile, heat the sopes: Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Spray each sope on top and on bottom with a thin layer of cooking spray. Bake for 15 minutes until warm and crispy.
- Remove the chicken from the sauce and shred it by pulling it apart on a cutting board. Divide the chicken evenly and place on top of the heated sopes.
- Top each of the sopes evenly with roasted pepper, Queso Fresco, chile verde salsa, and cilantro. Drizzle Crema Mexicana on top. Serve immediately. Serves 4 to 6.