Green Chile Grilled Cheese Sandwich
WHAT YOU NEED
Dos Quesos Blend Shredded Cheese
- 2 slice of good artisan bread
- 1 T butter
- 1/4 cup finely chopped scallions
- 1-2 T Cacique® Crema Mexicana Agria
- ½ cup Cacique® Dos Quesos
- 1-2 freshly roasted green chilies with skin and seeds removed
- 1 oz Cacique® Chorizo (Beef, Pork or Soy)
- Pickled onions (optional)
- 2 T Cacique® Cotija
HOW TO MAKE IT
- In a skillet large enough to hold a sandwich, melt butter over medium heat.
- Add chopped scallions and let cook on low while preparing sandwich.
- Spread 1 T of Crema Agria on inside of both slices of bread. Place some shredded cheese on top of the bread. Top with several good slices of green chile. Top with chorizo, if using. Add a few pickled onions if using. Top with shredded cheese. Place on top slice of bread. Spread with Crema Agria or melted butter.
- Sprinkle on 1 T of Cotija. Place that side in scallion butter and cook on medium low heat for about 6-8 minutes. Cover skillet with a piece of foil to help keep the heat in. Don’t cover it tightly because you don’t want your sandwich to steam.
- Now spread the side facing you with more Crema Agria or butter and top with the other tablespoon of Cotija. Cook until this smells good. Then it should be about ready to flip. Flip and cook other side for about 6-8 minutes. I always press each side firmly while cooking and cover again with foil. This should be ready to eat and have a crispy cheesy crust and that awesome taste of green chilies.