Grilled Cacique® Panela with Mango Habanero Salsa
WHAT YOU NEED
- 2 small ripe mangoes
- 1 small red onion
- 2 habanero chiles
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Juice and zest of 2 limes
- 1 10–ounce package Cacique® Panela
- Olive oil
HOW TO MAKE IT
- To make the salsa, dice the mangos and cut the onions a little smaller. Place in a mixing bowl.
- Discard the habanero seeds and mince them up small, being careful not to rub your eyes (you may want to wear kitchen gloves while cutting). Add the cilantro and the lime zest and juice, stir to combine, and then season with salt to taste. Set aside.
- To grill the cheese, cut it in 1/2-inch slices and heat a grill pan over medium-high heat or prepare a barbecue grill to medium-hot. Rub the cheese slices lightly with olive oil on all sides and brush the grill rack or pan lightly with oil.
- Grill the cheese quickly, 15 to 20 seconds on both sides, just until it takes a grill mark. Arrange the grilled cheese on a serving platter and spoon the salsa over and around it. Serve any remaining salsa on the side.