GRILLED CHORIZO KEBABS
WHAT YOU NEED
- Skewers for grilling
- 1 ¼ lbs ground beef
- 9-oz package Cacique Chorizo (Pork or Beef)
- 1 cup crumbled Cacique Ranchero Queso Fresco
- ⅓ cup plain breadcrumbs
- Neutral oil for grilling, such as canola or vegetable
- Cacique Queso Dip (Queso Blanco, Jalapeño, Southwestern or Chipotle), for serving
HOW TO MAKE IT
- If you’re using wooden skewers, soak them in water for at least 1 hour before using and preferably overnight.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the ground beef, Cacique Chorizo, Cacique Ranchero Queso Fresco and breadcrumbs. Use your hands to gently incorporate.
- Divide the mixture into 12 equal portions and shape each one into a long patty, about 1 inch thick and 4 inches long. If at any point the mixture is too sticky, lightly oil your hands before continuing. Run a skewer through the center of each patty and refrigerate on a plate to allow the patties to firm up a bit.
- Prepare a grill with medium-high heat and thoroughly oil the grates to prevent sticking. Grill the kebabs for 4 to 5 minutes per side, or until they’re well marked and cooked through.
- Just before serving, warm the Cacique Queso Dip in the microwave for 2 to 3 minutes. Serve the kebabs warm, dipped in queso.