Grilled Shrimp And Chorizo Tostada
HOW TO MAKE IT
- In a cast iron skillet (or heavy bottomed sauté pan), cook the Cacique Pork Chorizo over medium heat, breaking it up with a wooden spoon, until lightly browned and cooked through, approximately 7 to 10 minutes. Remove the chorizo from the pan and set aside. Reserve two Tbsp. of the rendered chorizo fat, then discard the rest and wipe down the pan.
- Season the shrimp on both sides with salt and pepper. Preheat the same pan to medium high heat, add back the reserved chorizo fat, and add the shrimp in an even layer. Be careful not to crowd the pan by doing this in batches if necessary.
- Cook the shrimp for about two minutes on each side, until each side is evenly seared.
- Add the chorizo back into the pan and stir everything together for approximately one to two minutes, then remove from heat.
- To assemble the tostada, divide the shrimp and chorizo equally among the four shells, drizzle with the Cacique Crema Mexicana and garnish with cilantro. Serve warm with a lime wedge.