Grilled Shrimp Torta with Manchego Cheese and Mango Chipotle Cream
WHAT YOU NEED
- ½ package (5 oz.) Cacique® Manchego, sliced
- ½ cup Cacique® Crema Mexicana Agria
- 12 jumbo shrimp peeled, deveined and butterflied
- ½ cup fresh or frozen mango, chopped
- 1 chipotle chile in adobo
- ½ cup green onion, finely chopped
- 4 (5) French rolls, split open and liberally buttered on outside top and bottom
- ½ cup fresh lime juice for marinade plus 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice for mango crema
- 2 Tbsp. sherry vinegar
- 4 Tbsp. fresh cilantro
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Pinch cayenne pepper
- Pinch salt
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
HOW TO MAKE IT
- Whisk together ½ cup fresh lime juice, vinegar, cilantro, garlic, cayenne pepper, salt and oil. Add shrimp and let marinate until shrimp starts to cook in vinegar (when color turns light pink around the edges).
- Preheat a large skillet. Cook shrimp for 2 minutes and remove from heat. Clean skillet and reheat.
- In blender or food processor, mix mango, chipotle, pepper and 2 tablespoons lime. Season with salt and pepper to taste and blend 10 more seconds. Pour into bowl and fold in Crema Mexicana Agria.
- Spread 3 tablespoons mango crema on bread, top with 2 slices of Manchego, three shrimp and press to flatten. Place in skillet, grill 3 minutes on each side until golden and crispy. Garnish with more mango crema and green onion. (Panini grills are excellent for this recipe).
- This is a family favorite, a treasured recipe that has been passed down through the generations, straight from Maria's Cocina.