Ham and Cheese Puff Rolls
WHAT YOU NEED
- 1 (10oz) Ranchero® Queso Fresco, crumbled
- 5-ounce Cacique® Queso Manchego, shredded
- 1 package (2 sheets) frozen puff pastry, defrosted
- 12-ounce ham, sliced and chopped
- 1 egg, beaten with 1 tablespoon water, for egg wash
- Sesame seeds (optional)
HOW TO MAKE IT
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper. Mix both cheese in a bowl. Set aside.
- Place pastry on work surface. Roll it out a little to even, if necessary. Divide the cheese filling and ham between pastries. Brush edge with egg wash then roll up. Cut each roll into 4, you should have 8 in total. Place on the prepared baking sheet seam side down. Refrigerate for 15 – 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, preheat oven to 375º F. Brush the top with egg wash and cut a few slits in the top to allow steam to escape. Sprinkle with sesame seeds, if using. Bake for 25 – 30 minutes, until puffed and golden brown. Allow to cool for a few minutes and serve.