Huaraches de Papas con Chorizo
WHAT YOU NEED
- 2 cups corn masa
- 1 Tbsp lard
- 1/4 of tsp salt
- Water to mix masa
- Oil for pan
- 2 1/2 Cups Potatoes, diced
- Ranchero Pork Chorizo 9oz, cooked to package instructions
- 1 can refried pinto beans
- Cabbage, finely chopped for garnish
- Cacique® Queso Fresco, crumbled for garnish
- Cacique® Hatch Chile Salsa Verde, for garnish
- Fresh Cilantro, chopped for garnish
HOW TO MAKE IT
- Place the diced potatoes in a saucepan with hot water and cook over medium-heat. Cook for about 10-12 minutes.
- In a bowl, mix the corn masa with the lard, salt, water and knead until it is combined. Divide the masa dough into 6 equal parts. On a large cutting board, roll out the masa dough with your hands into oblong ¼ inch thick huaraches.
- In a comal, cook the huaraches for 3 minutes on each side or until they are cooked.
- Cook the chorizo in a skillet over medium-heat for about 6 minutes, then add in the diced potatoes. Stir and cook for an additional 3 minutes.
- While the chorizo is heating up, heat the refried beans in a frying pan with oil and season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- To serve, spread the huaraches with a layer of refried beans and chorizo and potato. Garnish with cabbage, queso fresco crumbles, salsa verde and cilantro.