WHAT YOU NEED
- 2 cups Ranchero® Queso Fresco, crumbled and divided into ½ cup servings
- 8 corn tortillas
- 2 cups ham, cubed
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 8 eggs
- 1 tomato, diced
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 Serrano chilies, finely diced
- ½ cup cilantro, finely diced
HOW TO MAKE IT
- Place a dry griddle or cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat. Place a tortilla on the skillet and sprinkle with cheese. Add ½ cup of ham and top with more cheese. Place another tortilla on top. Cook until light golden for about 1 - 2 minutes. Flip over and cook until golden brown. Set aside on a plate. This is a sincronizada (or a blending of ingredients).
- Cook the eggs to your preference. Once eggs have been cooked, place over sincronizada and top with Pico de Gallo salsa (see below).
- Pico de Gallo Salsa: Combine Serrano chilies, tomato, onion and cilantro in a bowl.
- This is a family favorite, a treasured recipe that has been passed down through the generations, straight from Maria's Cocina.