Huevos Rancheros Breakfast Casserole
WHAT YOU NEED
Mild Homestyle Salsa
Ranchero® Queso Fresco
- 1 (9 oz) Cacique Pork Chorizo
- 1 (14.5 oz) can pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- 10-12 white corn tortillas
- 16 oz Cacique Mild Homestyle Salsa
- 5 large eggs
- 1/4 cup Cacique Ranchero Queso Fresco, crumbled
- 1/4 cup Cacique Crema Mexicana
- 2 tbsp cilantro, diced
HOW TO MAKE IT
- Preheat oven to 400℉, grease a 3 qt casserole dish and set aside.
- Cook the Cacique Pork Chorizo in a medium size skillet over medium heat for 4-5 minutes until cooked through. Add in the pinto beans and stir together.
- Cut the tortillas into 6 equal pieces, lay half of the tortillas onto the bottom of the casserole dish to cover the entire bottom.
- Spread the cooked Cacique Pork Chorizo and beans on top of the tortillas in the casserole dish, spoon 1/2 cup of salsa on top of the meat mixture. Spread to create an even layer.
- Top with the remaining tortillas.
- Spoon the remaining salsa on top of the casserole. Using a large spoon or a measuring cup, press five craters into the casserole, this helps hold the eggs.
- Gently crack the eggs into the craters on the top of the casserole.
- Bake for 22-25 minutes until the eggs are cooked as desired.
- Remove and allow casserole to cool for several minutes before serving.
- Top with crumbled Cacique Ranchero Queso Fresco, a drizzle of Cacique Crema Mexicana and fresh diced cilantro.