Light Crema de Chile Poblano Soup
WHAT YOU NEED
- 1 1/4 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 large poblano chiles, roasted, peeled, seeded and veins removed
- 1/4-inch thick slice of a large white onion, roasted on a comal or skillet
- 1/4 to 1/3 cup Cacique® Crema Mexicana
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt, or more to taste
- Optional garnish: Swirl of Crema Mexicana and freshly chopped chives
HOW TO MAKE IT
- Roast poblano chiles and allow to sweat in a plastic bag. After 15 minutes, peel the skin off the chiles, cut them open and remove the seeds and veins.
- While the chiles are sweating, roast the 1/4-inch thick slice of a large white onion on a hot comal or skillet until each side starts to get some brown spots, a few minutes per side.
- Add the poblano chiles, roasted onion, chicken broth, crema mexicana and salt to a blender and blend on high until the contents are completely pureed and smooth.
- Transfer the contents of the blender to a saucepan and cook over medium heat, whisking occasionally until it comes to a boil after about 5 minutes. It will begin to bubble toward the top of the pan; reduce the heat and continue to simmer for another 2 minutes.
- Serve and garnish with a swirl of Cacique® crema mexicana and about a half teaspoon of freshly chopped chives.