Loaded Potato Skillet
WHAT YOU NEED
- 1 1/2 lbs russet potatoes, scrubbed and sliced into quarter inch coins
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp dried rosemary leaves
- 1/2 tsp ground thyme
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 cup Cacique® Shredded Organic Queso Quesadilla. (You can find it at Costco!) or you can use Cacique® Queso Quesadilla
- 5 slices thick cut bacon, cooked crisp and crumbled
- Cacique® Crema Mexicana Agria, to taste
- Cacique® Homestyle Medium Salsa, to taste
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh cilantro leaves
HOW TO MAKE IT
- Use a sharp knife to slice them into 1/4-inch-thick coins. Add the potatoes to a large mixing bowl.
- Drizzle them with olive oil. Add in the seasonings--rosemary, thyme, salt, and pepper. Use a spatula to toss them to coat, gently but until all the spices and oil are evenly covering all the potatoes.
- On a large baking sheet place the potatoes out in an even, single layer. Drizzle any remnants from the bowl evenly out over top. Bake the potatoes at 450 degrees F for 20 minutes, flip the potatoes over, and then return them to the oven to bake for a final 20 minutes.
- Let the potatoes cool just enough to safely handle. Transfer them to a flat cast iron pan, with the edges slightly overlapping in a spiral pattern.
- Spread the cheese and bacon out evenly over top. Bake another 4 minutes, or until the cheese is melted. Remove the skillet from the oven and let the potatoes rest for a minute.
- Top with Crema Mexicana Agria, Cacique Homestyle Medium Salsa and green onions to serve.