Mexican Breakfast Casserole
WHAT YOU NEED
Four Quesos Blend Shredded Cheese
- 1 pre-made pie crust
- 10-12 large eggs
- ¼ cup half and half
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt, divided
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 2 packages Cacique Pork Chorizo
- 1 large potato, peeled and sliced thinly
- 1 package Cacique Four Quesos Blend
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 5 tablespoons Cacique Mexican Crema
HOW TO MAKE IT
- Pre-heat oven to 425 degrees. In a 9-inch pie dish, line the bottom of a 9-inch pie pan with the rolled-out pie crust. Poke holes in the dough with a fork. Bake the pie dough for 10 minutes.
- In a medium mixing bowl, thoroughly whisk the eggs, half and half, 1 teaspoon salt and pepper. Heat butter in a large non-stick frying pan over medium and add egg mixture. Scramble for about 5 minutes for the eggs to firm up slightly, but they should remain a little wet. Place the scrambled eggs on a plate and set aside.
- In the same frying pan on medium-low heat, sauté the pork chorizo for about 10 minutes or until cooked through. Place the cooked chorizo on a plate to drain and set aside.
- In a medium sauce pot, add potatoes, 1 teaspoon salt and cover with cold water. Cover and cook potatoes over medium-heat for 8-10 minutes until al dente. Be careful not to overcook potatoes as they will crumble while trying to assemble your casserole. Remove potatoes from sauce pot and dry on paper towels.
- Begin layering your casserole. First add a layer of potatoes on top the partially baked crust. Then spread the chorizo to cover the entire bottom of the casserole. Next sprinkle half the package of Cacique Four Quesos Blend. Next, spread the scrambled eggs on top. Finish by adding the other half of the Cacique Four Quesos Blend, covering the entire top. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes until the cheese on top is bubbly and turned golden brown. Serve with dollops of the Cacique Mexican Crema and chopped green onions.
- Cook’s Note (optional): You can prepare ahead, refrigerate, and reheat.