Mexican Caprese Salad
WHAT YOU NEED
- 3 large ripe tomatoes, thickly sliced
- 2 ripe Haas avocados, sliced
- 2 cups crumbled Cacique® Queso Fresco
- ¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons coarsely chopped fresh oregano leaves
- 3 to 4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Juice of 1 lime, plus more lime wedges for garnish
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
HOW TO MAKE IT
- Arrange the tomato and avocado slices on a large serving platter. Scatter with the crumbled Queso Fresco.
- Scatter the chopped cilantro and oregano over the salad. Drizzle with olive oil and squeeze the juice of the lime over all. Season very lightly with salt, and liberally with black pepper. Serve immediately with lime wedges around the edge of the plate.