Mexican Chocolate Layered Cake Cups
WHAT YOU NEED
- 1 11 oz angel food loaf
- 1 Cup Cacique® Crema Mexicana Agria
- 1 Cup Chocolate Hazelnut Spread
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ancho chile powder
- raspberries or strawberries for garnish
- 4 small glasses or mason jars
HOW TO MAKE IT
- For Mexican Chocolate Crema: In a medium, microwavable bowl, heat the chocolate hazelnut spread on high for 1 minute. Stir well, then heat again for 30 to 60 seconds, being careful not to overheat, until the chocolate hazelnut spread is smooth and melted. Stir in the Crema Mexicana Agria, cinnamon and ancho chile powder and whisk until creamy, heating again in 30-second increments if necessary to make the dip smooth.
- For Assembly: Cut angel food cake into 1 inch slices, then cut into circles to fit into your cups. Place a layer of cake into your cups, spoon on 2 tablespoons of the Mexican Chocolate Crema then top with another layer of cake and 2 more tablespoons of the Mexican Chocolate Crema. To serve, garnish with raspberries or strawberries.