Mexican Cobb Salad with Cilantro Chipotle Vinaigrette
WHAT YOU NEED
- 1 cup loosely packed cilantro leaves
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 medium lime, juiced
- 1 small chipotle pepper from adobo sauce
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 small head of romaine lettuce
- 1 15 ounce can kidney beans
- 1 cup of corn kernels (one large ear of corn or frozen corn that has been thawed and drained)
- 1/2 pint cherry tomatoes
- 1 2 lb. chicken breast, cooked and shredded
- 3 green onions
- 1 avocado
- 1/2 package Cacique® Panela cheese
- 3 corn tortillas
HOW TO MAKE IT
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Cut the tortillas into strips and lightly toss with a little olive oil. Spread onto a baking sheet, and bake for 8 minutes, stirring after the first 4 minutes. Set aside when finished baking.
- In a food processor combine the cilantro leaves, olive oil, lime juice and the chipotle pepper. Blend until smooth. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Wash the romaine lettuce and dry with paper towels. Roughly chop and place into a large salad bowl.
- Drain the kidney beans and rinse well. Set aside.
- Cut the kernels off of the corn cob, using a bread knife makes it really easy. Or if you are using frozen corn, make sure to thaw and then drain well.
- Cut the cherry tomatoes in half.
- Slice the green onions into thin slices.
- Place the kidney beans, corn kernels, cherry tomatoes and shredded chicken breast onto the romaine lettuce. Sprinkle with the Cacique® Panela cheese, and the green onion. Just before serving add slices of avocado and the tortilla strips. Drizzle the dressing over the top.