MEXICAN-STYLE SEVEN-LAYER DIP
WHAT YOU NEED
Crema Mexicana Agria
Hot Homestyle Salsa
Ranchero® Queso Fresco
- 9-oz package Cacique Pork Chorizo
- 16-oz can refried beans
- 4 Tbsp lime juice, divided, plus more for finishing
- 1 Tbsp canned chipotle in adobo, minced
- 16-oz package Cacique Crema Mexicana Agria
- 3 to 4 large avocados
- 1 tsp chili powder (optional)
- ½ tsp kosher salt
- 16-oz package Cacique Homestyle Salsa (mild, medium, or hot)
- 1 cup crumbled Cacique Ranchero Queso Fresco
- 1 cup lightly packed cilantro leaves, chopped
- 2 scallions, white and light green parts, thinly sliced
- ½ jalapeno, minced (optional)
- Tortilla chips for serving
HOW TO MAKE IT
- Cook Cacique Pork Chorizo in a nonstick skillet over medium heat until browned with some crispy bits. Remove from heat.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine the beans, cooked chorizo, 2 Tbsp lime juice, and minced chipotle in adobo. Spread the mixture over the bottom of a 13x9-inch baking dish or large, wide casserole.
- Pour the Cacique Crema Mexicana Agria in an even layer over the beans.
- To make the guacamole, mash the avocados with the remaining 2 Tbsp lime juice, chili powder (if using), and salt. Drop dollops of it over the crema layer and use the back of your spoon to gently spread it.
- Pour the Cacique Homestyle Salsa over the guacamole, then crumble the Cacique Ranchero Queso Fresco evenly over it, allowing some of the red salsa to peek through.
- Stir together the cilantro, scallions, and jalapeno (if using). Sprinkle it over the top of the salsa. Serve right away or cover and refrigerate.