Mini Beef Subs
WHAT YOU NEED
- 6 mini sub rolls
- 1 lb. Arrachera beef or skirt steak beef
- 1 large bell pepper, sliced
- ½ medium onion, diced
- 1 cup Cacique® Queso Panela, sliced
- ¼ cup Cacique® Crema Mexicana
- 1-cup guacamole, for topping
- 1-teaspoon pepper
- Salt to taste
- 1-tablespoon cilantro, chopped
- 1-tablespoon grape seed oil
HOW TO MAKE IT
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a large skillet, sear beef on both sides. Remove from heat and slice on a cutting board.
- In the meantime, heat oil and place onion and bell pepper to cook. Add back sliced beef, cilantro and season with salt and pepper. Cook mixture for about 10 minutes or until beef is cooked trough.
- In a baking sheet, place sub rolls and cut a rectangle off of the top of each roll. Fill each roll with the beef and bell pepper mixture. Top each roll with Panela cheese and place in the oven for 10 minutes or until rolls are toasted and cheese is melted. Remove from heat and top with guacamole and Crema Mexicana.
- Cook’s Note: You can add Cacique® Chorizo or Cacique® Longaniza to the beef mixture for an even more delicious sub filling.