Mushroom Leek Mexican Cheese Frittata
WHAT YOU NEED
- 2 – tablespoons butter
- 1 – cup sliced mushrooms
- 1 – cup leeks (sliced)
- 1 – cup cherry tomatoes (sliced)
- 3 – garlic cloves (minced)
- 1 – cup Cacique® Cotija cheese (crumbled)
- 12 – eggs (separate whites from the yolk)
- 1/2 – cup Cacique® Crema Mexicana
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 – cup grated Cacique® Oaxaca cheese
HOW TO MAKE IT
- In a 10 inch non stick oven proof pan, melt 1 tablespoon of butter over a medium flame. Add in sliced leeks and sauté for 10 minutes. Add in mushrooms and continue to sauté for an additional 7 minutes. Add in cherry tomatoes and let cook for another 5 minutes. Set veggies to the side.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Melt additional tablespoon of butter in the pan. Swirl so the butter greases the sides as well. Place the veggies back in the pan, and top with garlic, and cotija cheese. Set to the side.
- In a bowl mix egg yolks and crema Mexicana until combined.
- In a mixer with a whisk attachment, whisk the egg whites until they peak. Mix in the egg yolk/crema mixture and completely incorporate the two.
- Slowly pour the egg mixture into the pan over the veggies. Sprinkle the top with Oaxaca cheese. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until eggs set but are still a bit trembling. Remove from oven and allow to cool for 5 minutes before cutting.