One-Pot Breakfast Chorizo Bake
WHAT YOU NEED
Four Quesos Blend Shredded Cheese
- 5 cups day-old French bread, chopped in 1 1/2 –inch cubes
- 1 package Cacique Four Quesos Blend
- 2 cans (12 fluid ounces each) evaporated milk
- 10 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- ¼ teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 package (16 ounces) Cacique Chorizo (Beef, Pork, or Soy), cooked, drained and crumbled
- 1 large jalapeño, sliced
- salt to taste
- fresh cracked pepper to taste
- Cacique Crema Mexicana for drizzling
- grape tomatoes, halved
- avocado, chopped
HOW TO MAKE IT
- Grease a 13x9-inch baking dish. Place bread in prepared baking dish. Sprinkle with cheese. Whisk together evaporated milk, eggs, dry mustard and garlic salt in medium bowl. Pour evenly over bread and cheese. Sprinkle with soy chorizo and jalapeño slices. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight.
- Preheat oven to 325° F. Bake for 60-65 minutes or until cheese is golden brown. Season with salt and fresh cracked pepper. Top with grape tomatoes, avocado and cilantro. To serve: drizzle with Cacique Crema Mexicana.
- Cook’s Note (optional): If cheese browns too quickly during the baking process, cover with aluminum foil.