Open Faced Chorizo Omelet
WHAT YOU NEED
- ½ cup Cacique® Manchego, shredded
- 4 oz. Cacique® Beef Chorizo
- 2 tablespoons Cacique® Crema Mexicana Agria
- 8-10 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1 large red bell pepper, sliced in rings
- ½ small onion, diced
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Pepper to taste
- ½ teaspoon butter
HOW TO MAKE IT
- In a bowl, whisk eggs and salt then set aside.
- In a nonstick medium skillet, cook chorizo for 10 minutes while breaking apart with spatula. Drain and blot out extra grease with paper towel.
- Add onions and cook to stir for 2-3 minutes.
- Reduce heat to medium low and pour in egg mixture. Cook 15 to 18 minutes covered, gently lifting edges of cooked portions with spatula from time to time so that uncooked egg mixture can flow to bottom of skillet until set.
- Sauté bell pepper rings in butter, salt and pepper until soft. Set aside.
- Once egg has set, top omelet with bell peppers rings and cheese. Cover until cheese is melted. Cool slightly for 5 minutes. Cut into 4 servings and top each serving with Crema Mexicana Agria.