Panela Cheese Fries with Chipotle Crema
HOW TO MAKE IT
- Cook the waffle fries as per the manufacturers instructions.
- Cut the Panela cheese into cubes about 1/2 inch square.
- Heat the oil in a non-stick pan over a medium to high heat. Place some of the cubes into the oil and cook for about 20 seconds or until you see the middle become soft. Using tongs, turn the cheese over and repeat the process. Once the cheese has a nice golden sear, transfer to a plate. Cook the remaining cheese cubes until done.
- Mix the chipotle powder with the crema.
- Once the fries are ready, fill a paper cone or cup halfway with fries and then some of the cheese cubes. Fill with some more fries and then top with extra cheese. Season with some salt and pepper. Drizzle some of the crema over the fries and then garnish with fresh chopped cilantro. Serve at once with a fork.