Panela Vegetable Lasagna
WHAT YOU NEED
- 1 package (10 oz.) Cacique® Panela, shredded
- 2 (14 oz.) cans low sodium chicken broth
- 1 (9 oz.) package oven-ready lasagna noodles
- 2 medium zucchini, thinly sliced lengthwise
- 2 (26 oz.) jars marinara sauce
- 1 (15 oz.) jar roasted red (or red and yellow) peppers, rinsed and chopped
- 1 (6 oz.) package fresh spinach
- 1 (7 oz.) can corn, Mexican style, drained
- Salt and pepper to taste
HOW TO MAKE IT
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Place lasagna noodles in a pan and add some chicken broth just to cover. Set aside.
- Spray a 9 x 13 baking dish with non-stick cooking spray. Cover bottom of baking dish with a cup of the marinara sauce. Place 6 lasagna noodles on bottom of baking dish, overlapping if necessary.
- Pour a cup of the marinara sauce on top of the noodles. Top with half of the zucchini, half of the red peppers, half of the spinach and half of the corn. Sprinkle a third of the Panela cheese over the vegetables. Pour another cup of marinara sauce over vegetables. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Cover with half the remaining lasagna noodles. Pour another cup of sauce over noodles. Add remaining zucchini, red peppers, spinach and corn. Top with another third of Panela. Pour more marinara sauce over cheese. Top with remaining lasagna noodles. Finish remaining sauce on top. Salt and pepper to taste. Sprinkle with remaining Panela.
- Cover and bake for 20 minutes. Remove cover and return to oven for one or two minutes or until cheese bubbles. Let stand for 5 minutes before cutting. Serve hot.
- To Freeze: Place leftovers in a baking dish and cover securely with two layers of foil. Freeze for up to 30 days.
- To Reheat: Allow to thaw in refrigerator for 24 hours. Place in a 350°F oven for 20 minutes. Remove foil and continue to cook for an additional few minutes, until hot and bubbling.