Pollo del Rey with Jalapeño Cheese Biscuits
WHAT YOU NEED
- 1 cup of Cacique® Crema Mexicana
- ½ package (5 oz.) Cacique® Queso Quesadilla Jalapeño, thinly sliced
- 3 Tbsp. butter or margarine
- 1 cup (about 3 oz.) fresh mushroms, sliced
- ¼ cup green bell peppers, chopped
- ¼ cup onion, chopped
- 2 Tbsp. all-purpose flour
- ½ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. paprika
- 1 can evaporated milk
- 3 large egg yolks, beaten
- 2 cups cooked, chopped chicken breast meat
- 2 Tbsp. jalapeños, diced
- 2 Tbsp. dry sherry wine
- 1 (16 oz.) can of refrigerated biscuits (8 biscuits)
HOW TO MAKE IT
- Melt butter in large skillet over medium heat. Add mushrooms, bell pepper and onion; cook, stirring occasionally for 1 to 2 minutes or until tender but not brown.
- Stir in flour, salt and paprika. Gradually stir in evaporated milk and Crema Mexicana. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture comes to a boil and thickens.
- Whisk 1 cup thickened sauce into egg yolks; pour into saucepan. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture comes to a boil. Stir in chicken, jalapeños, and sherry. Heat through.
- Jalapeño Cheese Biscuits: Bake biscuits according to package instructions. Remove from oven and cut a slit, insert Queso Quesadilla Jalapeño slices. Return to oven 3-5 minutes until cheese melts. Serve Pollo del Rey over hot biscuits.
- This is a family favorite, a treasured recipe that has been passed down through the generations, straight from Maria's Cocina.