Potato Salad with Soy Chorizo and Queso Fresco
WHAT YOU NEED
- 2 pounds red potatoes
- 3 hard boiled eggs, chopped
- 1 large celery stalk, finely diced
- ¼ cup red onion, finely diced
- 1 cup of frozen green peas
- 1 cup of Cacique® Crema Mexicana
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 4 ounces Cacique® Soy Chorizo
- ¼ cup Cacique® Queso Fresco
- 1 tablespoon yellow mustard
- ¼ teaspoon paprika
- chopped parsley
- salt and pepper to taste
HOW TO MAKE IT
- Heat 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Add the soy chorizo, cook stirring and breaking up the chorizo slightly, until it's completely cooked and lightly browned, about 10 minutes.
- Bring a small pot of water to a boil. Add a pinch of salt. Add the green peas and cook for 2 minutes. Drain in a colander and let them cool.
- Cut the potatoes into 1" pieces (no need to peel them). Put potatoes into a large pot and cover with a couple of inches of water. Place the pot over high heat and bring to a boil. Cook for 10 minutes or until soft. Drain in a colander. Let the potatoes cool before mixing so they won't crumble.
- In a small bowl, combine the Cacique® Crema Mexicana, mayonnaise, mustard, paprika and season with salt and pepper. Stir to combine.
- In a large bowl combine the potatoes, eggs, green peas, celery and red onion. Add the dressing and toss to combine. Sprinkle with soy chorizo, queso fresco and chopped parsley.