Queso Fresco Cheesecake with Dulce de Leche and Cinnamon Crema
WHAT YOU NEED
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons Ranchero® Queso Fresco, crumbled
- 2 tablespoons Cacique® Crema Mexicana
- 1 (9) graham cracker pie crust
- ¼ cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 8 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 5 eggs
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon (plus ½ teaspoon for glaze)
- 1 cup dulce de leche (found in jars called Cajeta de Leche at Hispanic markets)
- ¼ cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- ¼ cup chopped almonds or pecans
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- CINNAMON CREMA
- ½ cup Crema Mexicana®
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
HOW TO MAKE IT
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Beat together butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add flour. Gently beat in Queso Fresco, cream cheese, then honey, eggs, lemon juice and 1 teaspoon cinnamon.
- Pour filling into crust and bake until the center is set (about 45 minutes). Turn oven off and leave cake inside until completely cool (2 hours). Cover and chill at least 6 more hours before glazing.
- For Glaze: Combine dulce de leche, 2 tablespoons Crema Mexicana®, chocolate chips and remaining cinnamon in small saucepan and cook over medium heat for 15 minutes, stirring every 5 minutes. Cool to room temperature and pour over cheesecake. Top with nuts and Cinnamon Crema. Serve immediately.
- Cinnamon Crema: Add ¼ teaspoon cinnamon, 1 tablespoon sugar, and ½ teaspoon vanilla to ½ cup Crema Mexicana®. Mix and chill for 1 hour.