Queso Fundido del Grito (featured on The Today Show)
WHAT YOU NEED
- ½ package (5 oz.) Cacique® Pork Chorizo or Cacique® Beef Chorizo
- 1 package Cacique® Queso Quesadilla, shredded
- ½ cup fresh poblano pepper, seeded and sliced ½ inch strips
- ½ cup white onion, sliced ½ inch strips
- ½ cup tequila*
- ¼ cup finely chopped tomato
- 1 Tbsp. chopped fresh cilantro
- Tortillas or chips
HOW TO MAKE IT
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a skillet, cook the chorizo until almost done, drain well.
- Add the poblano and onion and cook until tender. Completely remove pan from heat.
- Carefully add tequila. Return to heat and simmer, uncovered, for 15 to 20 seconds or until most of the tequila has dissipated.
- In a medium casserole or glass dish, stir the cheese with chorizo, peppers and onions. Bake uncovered about 10-15 minutes or until cheese is melted through and slightly golden brown on top. Sprinkle with tomato and cilantro. Serve with tortillas.
- *If you want to double the recipe, do not double the tequila. Continue to use only ½ cup.