Quick Buñuelos with Honey Crema
WHAT YOU NEED
- 1 cup Cacique® Crema Mexicana
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 12 (8-inch) flour tortillas
- Vegetable oil
- ¼ cup honey
HOW TO MAKE IT
- Combine sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg in large plastic bag and shake.
- Heat 1-inch of cooking oil in skillet and fry one tortilla at a time until golden brown on each side. Drain on paper towels.
- Let cool slightly and place in bag with sugar mixture shaking lightly to coat.
- In a small saucepan, warm honey until easily stirred, but not liquid and add Crema Mexicana.
- Drizzle Honey Crema over buñuelos and serve immediately with Champurrado.