Roasted Chicken and Cheese Enchiladas
WHAT YOU NEED
- 1 package (10 oz.) Cacique® Enchilado, shredded
- 2 (19 oz.) cans red enchilada sauce
- 1 dozen corn tortillas
- 1 whole roasted chicken, shredded
- ½ cup green onions, thinly sliced
HOW TO MAKE IT
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Spray a 9 x 13 baking dish with non-stick cooking spray and set aside. Place enchilada sauce in a saucepan and bring to a boil over high heat. Turn heat down to low to keep sauce warm.
- Dip corn tortillas in warm sauce for about 5 seconds each to soften. Place on a clean work surface and fill each tortilla with a scant ¼ cup chicken, about a tablespoon Cacique® Enchilado and some green onions. Roll tortillas tightly and place seam-side down in prepared baking dish.
- Pour warm enchilada sauce over enchiladas. Sprinkle with remaining Cacique® Enchilado. Cover and bake for 10-15 minutes, until all the cheese is completely melted. Uncover and bake for 5 minutes more, or until cheese begins to brown. Let stand for about 3 minutes and serve hot.
- To Freeze: When enchiladas have cooled, wrap in a layer of plastic wrap and a layer of foil. Freeze for up to 30 days.
- To Reheat: Let thaw in refrigerator for 24 hours. Remove foil and plastic wrap. Replace foil to loosely cover. Bake in a 325°F oven for 20-25 minutes, or until heated through.