Rotisserie Chicken and Corn Chowder
WHAT YOU NEED
- 3 cups rotisserie chicken, shredded or cut into bite size pieces
- 2 cups corn kernels, (fresh or frozen)
- 3 red potatoes, cut into ½ inch cubes
- 4 slices turkey bacon, diced
- ½ small onion, chopped
- ½ red bell pepper, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 5 cups chicken broth
- 4 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- ¼ teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 cup of Cacique® Crema Mexicana
- 3 teaspoons of butter (you can use oil)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cacique® Queso Fresco, green onions, sliced jalapeños, and bacon crumbs (for serving)
HOW TO MAKE IT
- In a large pot, melt butter over medium heat. Add onions, garlic and sauté until tender.
- Stir in flour, and cook 2 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Slowly add in chicken broth and whisk until well blended.
- Add potatoes, red bell pepper and corn. Season with ground cumin, salt and pepper to taste.
- Bring to a boil stirring frequently, then reduce heat to medium-low and cook covered for 10 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- Add in rotisserie chicken and Cacique® Crema Mexicana. Simmer uncovered for 10 minutes longer.
- Serve topped with Cacique® Queso Fresco, bacon, green onions and jalapeno peppers.