Seared Tuna Tacos with Mango-Lime Crema & Queso Fresco
WHAT YOU NEED
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, plus more as needed
- 2 medium red onions, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 chipotle in adobo, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried whole oregano leaves
- 1 cup Cacique® Crema Mexicana Agria
- ½ cup mango puree (or juice)
- Juice and zest of 1 lime
- 1 pound fresh tuna steak, about 1 inch thick
- 12 warm corn tortillas
- Shredded lettuce
- 1½ cups crumbled Cacique® Queso Fresco
HOW TO MAKE IT
- In a skillet over medium heat, put the olive oil and the onions. Sprinkle lightly with salt and cook 10 to 12 minutes, until softened and starting to caramelize. Add the vinegar, chipotle and oregano and cook 1 to 2 minutes, until the mixture thickens slightly. Spoon into a serving bowl, set aside to cool and wipe out the skillet.
- In a small bowl, stir together the Cacique® Crema Mexicana Agria, mango puree and juice and zest of the lime. Set aside.
- Brush the tuna steak with olive oil and season well with salt and pepper. Heat the skillet over high for 2 minutes, then add the tuna and sear over the heat for 2 minutes per side for medium-rare. Remove to a cutting board and allow to rest for 3 to 4 minutes. Slice thinly.
- For each taco, spoon some tuna on a warmed tortilla, and top with Queso Fresco, shredded lettuce, the onions and a spoonful of the mango-lime crema.