Shredded Beef Taco
WHAT YOU NEED
- Cacique® Queso Fresco
- 3 lbs. boneless beef chuck roast
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 Tbsp chili powder
- 1 Tbsp cumin
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1/4 tsp crushed red pepper
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 4-5 cloves garlic
- Shredded lettuce
- 12 corn tortillas (6 inches)
- 1/2 cup canola oil
HOW TO MAKE IT
- Mix the dry spices in a small bowl (chili powder, cumin, oregano, red pepper flakes, salt). Chop onion and garlic and add to slow cooker and have of the dry spice mixture.
- Cut the beef roast into large chunks (2-3 inches square). Place the beef and spice mix into your slow cooker and top with the remainder of dry spice mix.
- Add just enough water to come up to the top of the meat (about 1.5-2 cups). Secure the lid, turn the heat on to low, and cook for 8 hours.
- After 8 hours of cooking, carefully remove the lid of the slow cooker. Use two forks to shred the meat – it should be tender enough to just fall apart. Taste the mixture and adjust the salt and other seasonings to your liking. Remove the meat from the liquid with tongs.
- In a large skillet, fry tortillas in oil just until crisp; drain on paper towels.
- Fill tortillas with beef. Fold in half. Serve with lettuce and salsa.
- Sprinkle with Cacique® Queso Fresco.